Twice Baked Chicken Fajita Sweet Potatoes is a Mexican dish which is pretty easy to make at home since it merely needs simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps. The taste is also super tasty since it combines sweet potatoes, chicken, and other complementary ingredients. Now, try to make some at home based on the recipe below.
How to make Twice Baked Chicken Fajita Sweet Potatoes
By following the recipe written below, you can make 6 pieces of Twice Baked Chicken Fajita Sweet Potatoes for the whole family at home.
- 3 pieces of medium sized sweet potatoes (scrubbed and washed)
- Olive oil for cooking
- A half red onion, cut into thin slices
- 250 gr chicken breast (cooked and cut into strips)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- A small red bell pepper, cut into slices
- A small orange bell pepper, cut into slices
- A small green bell pepper, cut into slices
- 50 gr washed tinned black beans
- A half teaspoon ground cumin
- A teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 200 gr shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- Lime juice
- 50 gr coriander or you may use cilantro
- Lime wedges
- An Avocado, cut into cubes
1First, you need to preheat the oven to 220 Celsius-degree. Then, prepare the baking sheet by spraying the non-stick spray on it. Place the sweet potatoes on top of the sprayed sheet. Put the sheet into the oven to roast for around an hour until the potatoes turn soft.
2While waiting for the sweet potatoes, you may continue for other ingredients. Here, you need to prepare a pan and pour a little oil on it. Heat over medium heat to cook the onions on it. After two minutes, you may add the chicken, peppers, and garlic to the pan.
3Cook and stir occasionally until you can smell the fragrance and the chicken is cooked through. Also, don’t forget to add the beans to the mixture. Stir and mix them all until the chicken is thoroughly coated with the beans and other ingredients.
4To continue, you may take the potatoes out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then, cut them into halves and cut again into several small cubes. Prepare a mixing bowl and place the flesh of the potatoes in it while the skin will be set aside. Also, don’t forget to add the chicken mixture to the mixing bowl and combine them well.
Arrange the potatoes skin into the tray and fill with the potato mixture. Add the cheese and coriander on top of each. Bake for around 15 or 20 minutes until it turns brown. To enjoy, you may garnish with the remaining coriander. Also, add the lime wedges along with avocado slices and dip them into the salsa. Enjoy!
Food Recipe Search is your complete food recipes website.