Learn How to make Homemade Beef Stew from the detailed recipe here. Simply season and cook the beef for several minutes and combine all of the ingredients into the slow cooker until they all get tender and super delicious. Read this article for a complete recipe.
How to make Slow Cooker Homemade Beef Stew
Prepare 7 to 8 platters to serve this Slow Cooker Homemade Beef Stew at home by following the recipe written below.
- 900 gr beef chuck (roasted), trim and cut into several small chunks
- 120 gr flour
- Two teaspoons of salt
- A half teaspoon of each black pepper, Italian seasoning, and onion powder
- Cooking oil
- A medium-sized onion, cut into cubes
- Four cloves of minced garlic
- 90 gr tomato paste
- 30 gr balsamic vinegar or you may use red wine
- Four medium-sized peeled Russet potatoes, cut into small chunks
- A large sweet peeled potato, cut into chunks
- Three medium-sized peeled carrots, sliced
- Two ribs of celery, finely chopped
- Two teaspoons of each chopped parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and Italian seasoning
- A piece of bay leaf
- 5 cups of low sodium beef broth
- A half star anise
- Salt and pepper to season
1To prepare the beef, simply prepare a large zip-lock bag to combine some ingredients, like flour, onion powder, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and the beef in it. Next, shake the bag until all ingredients are combined, and the beef is evenly coated. Then you need to brown the meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2When it is done, transfer the beef to the slow cooker and use the skillet again to sauté some ingredients like onions and garlic along with the tomato paste and the balsamic vinegar. Cook for around a minute and then immediately pour the mixture into the beef in the slow cooker.
3Also, don’t forget to add other ingredients into the slow cooker, like the potato, celery, carrots, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, star anise and beef broth (also with water, if needed). Stir the ingredients to combine and cook for around 5 to 7 hours over low heat until the potatoes, and the meat gets tender and cooked through.
4If you want to cook over high heat, then you only need around 3 to 4 hours cooking time. Most importantly, when it is done, don’t forget to season your stew with salt and pepper before serving it. Also, make sure you already discard the star anise before enjoying the dish.
Now, as your Slow Cooker Homemade Beef Stew is already done, simply prepare the platter and transfer the stew in it. As a final touch, don’t forget to add the garnish with chopped parsley on top of it and enjoy this immediately while it is hot.
Food Recipe Search is your complete food recipes website.