How to cook Pureed Carrots
- Fresh carrots, any amount as desired
- Breastmilk, formula milk, or water
1Take a medium saucepan and add water. Boil over medium heat. Now, let’s clean the carrot first. Rinse the carrot under flowing water and clean all the dirt. Let it sit to fry for a little bit and then peel the skin using fruits peeler. Remove the greens and cut the carrots into small pieces.
2Add the carrots into the boiling water and reduce the heat to low until the bubbles are soft. Cook the carrots until it is soft. It should take around 10 to 15 minutes. To be precise, you need to check on the carrot. Poke it using a fork. If you can poke it easily and it feels soft, pull up the fork. Soft carrots should fall down slowly as well. When the carrots are soft enough, drain them and rinse using cold water for around three minutes. It stops the cooking process.
3Add the entire carrots into a food processor or blender, and process until it is smooth. It will get a little dry so you can start adding breastmilk, formula, or water to help the process. Add gradually so it is not too watery. It also helps in reaching the expected consistency for the puree. When it is smooth already, transfer the carrot puree to a feeding bowl. The puree is ready to serve.
- Tips to choose perfect carrot. It is often recommended for parents to use commercial carrots instead of fresh ones. It is due to the nitrat in the carrot. Please consult to your pediatrician for exact advice. To get the right carrot, make sure to choose only firm carrots. New and fresh carrots are still firm with no soft spots on it. Avoid carrots with cracks as well.
- If your baby is ready for finger food, you can skip the food processor phase. For better taste, combine puree carrots with chicken, beef, pork, lentils, tofu, brown rice, russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, zucchini, butternut squash, peaches, applesauce, green beans, dried beans, and broccoli.
- In alternative to boil, you can also bake the carrots. It should take 5 minutes preparation and 45 minutes of cooking. The puree should be ready within 50 minutes.
- After washing the carrots and removing the greens, peel it and cut lengthwise to thin slices. Use a large glass baking dish and layer with olive oil. Transfer the carrot into the dish and place it into the oven. Bake the carrot for around 45 minutes or until it is soft. It should turn to dark orange and fork soft. Remove from the heat. Add the carrots to a food processor or blender, and process until it gets smooth. Gradually add the breast milk, formula, or water to reach the expected consistency. Don’t add so much at once to prevent too watery puree. Baked Pureed Carrots is now ready to serve.
Food Recipe Search is your complete food recipes website.