How to make Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken
- 10 pieces of small chicken wings
- 10 pieces of small chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- ½ tablespoon of chili flakes
- ¼ cup of low sodium soy sauce
- Pepper and salt to taste
1Pre heat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Take a small bowl and add in olive oil, mustard, honey, chili flakes, soy sauce, pepper, and salt. Whisk them all together for around 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the mixture emulsifies. It is going to be the chicken glaze. Set aside.
2If you don’t fancy spicy kick, you can omit the chili flakes and you don’t have to replace it with anything else. Use a baking dish, and place the chicken in it. Pour over the glaze we just made. Make sure all surface of the chicken is well coated with it. It affects how the glaze is absorbed later when baked.
3In alternative to chicken drumsticks and wings, you can use drumsticks only or wings only. If you use wings only, make sure to add some more on the dish. A couple of pounds will be great because they may be going too fast.
4You can also use 6 large chicken drumsticks with this recipe. If you prefer it, you can also use large chicken thighs or breasts. Almost all parts are great with this recipe.
5Transfer the dish into the oven and bake for around an hour or until the chicken is cooked through. For a more perfect result, you can use the foil to wrap the chicken and glaze. It keeps the juice. It helps to cook through and evenly and it makes things easy when it comes to cleaning.
6If you plan to serve it with veggies on the side later, you can peel the veggies, cut them to desired pieces, and add them on the baking dish. It allows the veggies to absorb the glaze and have consistent taste with the chicken.
7Chicken is ready to serve. Garnish with finely chopped parsley if you desire it. The chicken is best served with rice. The combination tastes great. Make sure to serve the chicken on top of the rice, and pour over the remaining glaze. It gives the rice sticky and spice taste that is consistent with the chicken.
However, this Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken is also great to serve without rice. You can use veggies on the side for healthier option as mentioned before.
You can make-ahead the glaze and the veggies, if you serve with veggies as side dish.
- If you use potatoes, peel and cut them and put them in a bow. Add lemon juice from ½ of lemon to prevent it from browning and soak it with cold water. Cover the bowl and keep it on your fridge. Make sure to drain the potatoes and pat dry them before roasting it.
- You can also make the glaze a day before. Keep it in covered bowl and put them in your fridge. Make sure to take it out a while before cooking. Allow it to turn into room temperature before cooking.
Food Recipe Search is your complete food recipes website.