How to make French Bread Pizzas
- 1 hole loaf of French bread
- 2 bell peppers, slice them thin
- Olives, slice
- Deli pepperoni
- Any fresh herbs you like to add
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, divide them
- ½ cup of pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
1Pre heat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Prepare a large baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Set aside. Take the French bread and cut them lengthwise in half. Brush each of the cut side of the bread with olive oil and place them on the baking sheet. Bake the bread for around 5 to 6 minutes or until it gets a little brown. Don’t bake it too long. When it is a little brown, take out the bread Set aside for a minute to cool.
2Spread ¼ cup of pizza sauce on each bread cut side. Make sure to apply the sauce evenly to get the right color later. Top the pizza sauce with ¼ cup of the cheese. Add the toppings and spread them evenly for consistent look. Top the toppings with the other ½ cup of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper on top.
3Bake the pizza in the over for another 10 to 12 minutes. Each oven may cook differently, so you need to check if the bread is heated through and the cheese is melted already. Take out from the oven and cut as desired while it is hot. Pizza is ready to serve.
- Tips to choose fresh French bread.
It is highly recommended to get it from the French bakery as they made it fresh with better ingredients and perfect crispness. Generally, each French bread weighs around 250 grams or around a half pound. In the bakery, we will find the regular brad and moulded bread. Both are great for this pizza recipe.
A fresh French bread is soft on the inside while it has thick and crisp skin. The moulded one will look whiter due to the amount of flour spread on top of it before baking. To make sure you get the right bread, hold the bread with your clean hands and give it a little pressure on the skin. It should produce crisp cracking sound while it is easy to press it with only fingers.
If you buy the industrial French bread at a store, make sure to read the label and check if it is still fresh enough. This French bread commonly has thin skin with only mild crispness on it. However, the bread should be soft enough as well.
- The toppings can be modified as your kids love it. Pizza is good with sausages, cooked and shredded chicken, tuna, or even tropical fruits. You can also chopped veggies like spinach to make sure your kids eat veggies and fiber too. Feel free to make your own favorite topping and use it on the French Bread Pizzas .
Food Recipe Search is your complete food recipes website.