How to make Carrot Cake Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
For the Waffles
- ½ cup of whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup of all purposes flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup of cornstarch
- 1 cup of carrot purée
- 1 ¼ cups of milk
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon of all spice
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Melted butter for the waffle iron
For the Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 4 oz of softened whipped cream
1Let’s make the drizzle first. Use a small bowl and add in maple syrup and the cream cheese. Whisk them together until they are mixed well and it gets smooth. If it is still too thick, add some more maple syrup little by little. It should make the drizzle runnier. When you are done and the texture is perfect, set aside.
2Now, let’s make the waffle batter. Use a large mixing bowl and add in the entire flours. Toss in the rests of the waffle ingredients and whisk until it gets smooth and mixed well. Whisk for a little longer to make sure the texture is thick and heavy enough. Set aside the batter for around 15 to 20 minutes or until it rises.
3Prepare the waffle iron and heat it over medium heat. Layer the iron with melted butter. Use a cooking brush to spread it evenly on the iron. Scoop around ½ cup of the waffle batter pour over the iron. Cook until it is golden. Don’t forget to flip the iron to make sure both sides are golden. Repeat the procedure to the remaining batter.
4Put the waffles on a serving plate. You can add up to 2 or three waffles in a plate. Serve as you desire it, whole or cut. Drizzle the top of the waffles with the glaze. If you want to, you can add more toppings like baked almond slices, raisins, or even fruit slices.
- To make the carrot purée, simply cook the carrots until soft and then transfer the carrot into a food processor to make the purée.
- It is recommended to steam it. Boiling is okay but it tends to give you more moisture. If you prefer to boil it, make sure to filter the remaining water before using the purée.
- You can store the leftovers on a zip top bag and freeze it up to 3 months. When you want to eat it, you can reheat it in a toaster or saucepan.
- Electric mixer is allowed to be used in this Carrot Cake Waffles recipe. However, it mixes things faster and easier, so you need to carefully watch on the drizzle and batter texture. Don’t use it too long on the batter because it will cook it a little with the heat produced by the mixer. You also need to make sure to keep the mixer clean of the previous mixture so it doesn’t get mixed in the middle of the process.
Food Recipe Search is your complete food recipes website.