Some of the people think that the process of making a curry is taking time too long or taking too many ingredients to make. But this Thai Red Curry with Chicken and Mango recipe is different; this recipe is easier to make and do not taking your time too much because we will use instant curry paste. Nowadays, there are a lot of instant curry paste sold in a super market, all you need to do is just pick one with Thai red curry flavor.
Easy Thai Red Curry with Chicken & Mango Recipe
This recipe has a unique sour curry taste that comes from the young mango. It is an option whether you want to use a young mango which it will give you extra bitter taste or you want to use a ripe mango which is will give sweet and sour flavor. No matter what kind of mango you want to use it doesn’t affect the delicious taste of Thai Red Curry with Chicken and Mango, let’s check the recipe!
- One tablespoon of coconut or vegetable or canola or grape seed oil (choose one)
- Three parts of minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger or ginger paste
- One teaspoon of minced chili
- One medium brown or white or yellow onion, sliced light
- 500 grams of chicken thigh fillet or breast fillets cut into medium cube pieces
- Five tablespoons of Thai Red Curry Paste
- 500 ml of full-fat coconut milk or low-fat coconut milk
- ¾ can of chicken broth
- One large cup of fresh mango juice or 2 tablespoons of mango paste
- One tablespoon of fish sauce
- Two orange or lime leaves
- Coriander or cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Fresh red chili or dried chili
1Put garlic, ginger, chili, and onion and stir-fry until the onion is starting to fragrant. Then add chicken and cook until half cooked. After that, insert the red curry paste and saute for 2 minutes until a little brown.Then add chicken broth and coconut milk. Boil to simmer, stirring to combine the curry paste into the liquid. Then add the mango juice or mango paste, fish sauce and lime or orange leaves.
2Then turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, stir-fry well until the sauce starts to get thickened. You may adjust saltiness by using fish sauce. Move Thai Red Curry with Chicken and Mango on a plate the garnished with coriander or cilantro leaves, wedges of lime and slices of red chili.
You could enjoy the Thai Red Curry with Chicken and Mango with warm rice in a bowl with additional hot sauce if you like. Happy eating Thai Red Curry with Chicken and Mango!