Make this One-Skillet Cheesy Penne Pasta easily and quickly at home based on the recipe below. Also, enjoy the perfect cheesy taste of this penne pasta dish.
How to make One-Skillet Cheesy Penne Pasta
In only 30 minutes, One Skillet Cheesy Penne Pasta is enough for up to 6 people to enjoy together. Simply follow the recipe below from the beginning until the end.
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- 450 gr ground beef or you can use a half of a sausage
- Salt and pepper as the seasoning
- Red pepper flakes to add spicy flavor
- Yellow onion, cut into cubes
- two medium peeled and thin-sliced carrots
- Chopped red bell pepper
- 6 to 8 cloves of minced garlic
- A can of tomatoes in a puree
- A can of seasoned and drained fire roasted tomatoes
- A tablespoon of tomato paste
- A bit of chicken bouillon dried basil and sugar
- Dried oregano and parsley
- 600 ml water
- 340 gr of uncooked penne
- 100 gr heavy cream
- 100 gr grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 gr/2 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 200 gr grated mozzarella cheese
1To start, prepare a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven and heat it with olive oil over medium-high heat. Then, add season the meat with salt, pepper, and the red pepper flakes as well. After it is done, cook the meat over the heated skillet. Then, add carrots and onions. Stir and cook the mixture until the color of the meat turns brown.
2Then, put the bell pepper as well as the minced garlic in it. Cook for another minute and add again with crushed tomatoes in the tomato puree along with the fire roasted tomatoes, the chicken bouillon, tomato paste, sugar and other seasonings. Allow it to simmer for around ten minutes without the cover and don’t forget to stir the mixture occasionally.
3If 10 minutes have passed, add again with the pasta and water. Here, you need to put the lid on and higher the heat over medium heat. Cook and stir the pasta occasionally for around 12 to 16 minutes until the pasta is well cooked. Also, don’t overcook the pasta.
4Next, add the other ingredients to the pasta mixture, like the cream, cheddar cheese as well as the parmesan cheese. Mix them until they are completely combined. When it is done, top with mozzarella and place the skillet in the oven to broil. Here, you may put it on the middle rack.
When broiling the mixture, make sure the cheese turns golden and melted. It usually takes around 2 to 3 minutes only to melt. Then, before you serve this, allow the pasta to sit for around 5 minutes. Enjoy every spoon of this creamy and cheesy flavor of One-Skillet Cheesy Penne Pasta.