This Mexican dish is very easy and quick to cook. It is mainly cooked with black beans which give many benefits to our body, such as lower the cholesterol level and also lower the risk of heart disease. There are still lots of advantages you can get from black beans. Black beans are usually eaten by just heating it up in a pan. However, today, there are lots of yummy recipes that you can make to process the black beans into a great dish. Thus, it is not only tasty but also healthy for our body.
How to cook Mexican Black Bean
To cook Mexican black bean you only need a minimum sort of time, only in 20 minutes, you can serve a restaurant-quality Mexican dish at home with your version. Follow and read the article below to get to the full recipe.
- Two cans of black beans but you do not need to rinse the liquid since it will be used in the mixture.
- 15 gr of vegetable oil or you can also use bacon grease for a better taste.
- A small white onion, then chop the onion.
- Three cloves of garlic, chopped
- Two jalapeno peppers, then mince them up along with the seeds
- A half can of green chiles then cut it into dices
- A pinch of ground cumin
- A pinch of chili powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 50 gr of fresh cilantro, chopped
- A half of lemon, then squeeze the juice
- Salt and pepper as the seasoning
- For the garnish, you can use crumbled Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro
1The first thing that you need to do is to prepare a frying pan and heat it up to medium heat. Next, add the onions, minced garlic, and minced jalapeno peppers. Sauté these ingredients for around one until two minutes or until the texture of the ingredients is softened.
2Then, put the black beans (also with the remaining water) on the mixture. Add the diced green chiles, ground cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Make sure that you stir this mixture until well combined. Next, cook and make it simmer for around ten minutes.
3After the mixture is cooked, you may remove the frying pan from the heat. Then, add the chopped cilantro and lemon juice. Stir them until well combined. You can add salt and pepper for the seasoning. Finally, you may serve it immediately with crumbled Cotija cheese and cilantro as the garnish on top of the dish.
Those are the easy ingredients and simple steps that you can follow to make your version of Mexican black bean. Serve the dish while it is hot and has a nice dinner with your family or friends.