The world has so many variations in noodle dish that comes from many countries. The example of noodle dish from all around the world is Ramen, Laksa, Udon, Pad Thai and so on and so far. Besides that traditional dish, There is a traditional noodle this from Korea named Jjajangmyun
Easy Jjajangmyun Black Bean Noodles Recipe
Jjajangmyun Black Bean Noodles is a noodle dish that famous known from Korea. But actually, Jjajangmyun is brought by the immigrant from southern China. The meaning of Jjajangmyun itself is “fried noodle sauce.” The taste of Jjajangmyun Black Bean Noodles is sweet with the thick black sauce that becomes the topping for the dish. Yummy! Let’s check the recipe!
- Boil Soaked noodles
- 1 or 1 ½ large onion, chopped into cubed shapes
- One large zucchini, cut into cubed
- Two large potatoes, cut into cubed
- Eight champignon mushrooms
- 1/2 medium cabbage
- 500 grams cubes pork
- 1 Tbsp rice wine (or mirin)
- 3 teaspoon of ground salt
- 5 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger or powder ginger
- 5 tablespoon of Chunjang (Korean black bean paste)
- 5 tablespoon of cooking oil (olive oil or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon of mirin or rice wine
- 1 – 2 cup chicken stock (instant or natural)
- 1 – 2 cup water
- Mix of 1 corn flour and water
- 3 slice of cucumbers of half stalk of green onion (for garnish)
1Add the pork to a bowl with mirin, salt, pepper, and ginger. Mix them well and leave it for 15 mins. Heat the pan, then add the cooking oil. After that insert the black bean and stir well for 5 minutes add the brown sugar and stir it again for 3 minutes. Set aside.
2Add cooking oil then put the pork to the pan and stir well until half cooked. Then add the zucchini, potato, and onion, stir well until half cooked. Then put cabbages and mushrooms and stir again for 3 minutes. After that, add the paste back to the pan.
3Add the water, rice wine, and chicken stock then simmer it for 15 minutes on high heat. Add the cornflour mixture to the pan then stir well until it is getting thick. The black bean sauce is ready. Put noodle in the bowl then add the sauce over the noodles and garnish the Jjajangmyun Black Bean Noodle with cucumber or green onion.
Now Jjajangmyun Black Bean Noodle is ready to eat. People in Korea usually eat it with the chopstick and slurp it just like people in Japan eat ramen. You will feel the unique taste of the thick black bean sauce and soft pork when you mix it all over the noodles. Happy eating!