If you are a Greek cuisine lover, you can try to make this meal simply at your kitchen. The main ingredients in this menu are the Quesadillas cheese wrapped in the wheat tortilla and the tzatziki sauce which is made from Greek yogurt. It contains carbohydrates value the most so it would be a great lunch menu for you to eat. Want to find out more? Follow the recipe below.
How to cook Greek Quesadillas
For the Quesadillas:
- Four pieces of wheat tortillas
- 400 g of shredded chicken
- 200 g of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 200 g of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- A package of frozen spinach, chopped and drained
- 2 cups of chopped red peppers
- One tablespoon of dill, chopped
- One tablespoon of oil olives
For the Tzatziki sauce:
- 250 ml of Greek yogurt
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- One cucumber, cut into cubes
- Two cloves of squeezed garlic
- One tablespoon of chopped fresh dill or parsley or celery
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper
1Put the olive oil into the frying pan and heat it up to medium-low. Put a slice of wheat tortilla in it. Then, give a handful of mozzarella and shredded chicken on it. Continue to add more ingredients like frozen spinach, chopped red peppers, dill, feta and kalamata olives.
2Cover it with another slice of tortilla. Then, cook it for around 2 minutes or more, until the bottom slice of the tortilla turns quite golden brown or until the cheese melts down. If you want to make more quesadillas, you need to do the exact steps as explained above.
3Tzatziki sauce: Put all the ingredients of tzatziki, like Greek yogurt, olive oil, diced cucumber, garlic, lemon juice and squeezed garlic into a medium bowl. Stir it well, and you can add seasoning by putting salt and ground black pepper in it. Or you can change any kinds of seasoning based on your favorite flavor.
4In flipping the quesadillas, do it carefully so that it will not spoil the tortilla. You also can bake it in the oven. Next, after it is cooked, half the tortilla into two. After that, immediately pour the tzatziki sauce on top of it and enjoy your homemade Greek quesadillas.
If you are a busy person with hectic schedule and have only limited time for having lunch, the tasty and healthy Greek quesadillas will be the best recommended meal for you to bring to your office.