This dish is super delicious and very easy to make. Starting with the guacamole, the bean mixture and then assemble them on top of the tostada along with other complement ingredients. Besides, it will be a very nice dish to enjoy with friends or family at home. Follow the recipe written below if you want to make some.
How to make Chicken Guacamole and Bean Tostadas
To make 6 pieces of Chicken Guacamole and Bean Tostadas, you merely need to spend 45 minutes in your kitchen. They are very simple and quick to make. Take a look at the recipe below for further explanation.
- 2 pieces of medium sized avocado (ripe)
- A tablespoon of lime juice
- A quarter teaspoon of garlic powder (divided)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- A can of refried beans
- A can of drained tomatoes and green chilies
- A teaspoon of chili powder
- A half teaspoon of ground cumin
- 400 gr shredded lettuce romaine or iceberg)
- 400 gr shredded cooked chicken (chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken)
- 200 gr shredded cheese (Mexican blended)
- 200 gr pico de gallo (you can make it at home or buy it from the store)
- Sour cream
- 6 pieces of tostada shells
1Firstly, you need to make the guacamole or the avocado mixture. Prepare a mixing bowl and put the avocado in it. Here, you need to mash the avocado using a fork. Then, don’t forget to combine it with lime juice along with the garlic powder. Combine them well and make sure the texture is slightly chunky.
2Also, don’t forget to season the guacamole with salt and pepper as the seasoning. Next, you can prepare the other ingredients in a saucepan. Place the refried beans, chili powder, dried tomatoes, garlic powder, and cumin. As the seasoning, add also the salt and pepper in it.
3Cook the bean mixture for around several minutes over medium-low heat. Also, don’t forget to stir occasionally until the ingredients are thoroughly heated. When it is done, you may turn the heat off and start to assemble the fillings of the tostadas.
4Place a layer of tostada shell and spread the guacamole first. Then, continue to add the bean mixture, the shredded lettuce, shredded chicken, cheese, the pico de gallo and the last is the sour cream. Do the same step to the remaining tostadas until they are all perfectly assembled.
Now, you can serve your homemade Chicken Guacamole and Bean Tostadas. It is highly recommended to enjoy them immediately while they are hot. The taste will be so delicious and creamy. Enjoy!