- 1 pound of zucchini, around 2 to 3 small to medium zucchinis, cut into 3-inch-by-¼-inch pieces
- ½ cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ½ cups of panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large whole eggs
- ½ cup of all purposes flour
- Kosher salt
- Non stick cooking spray
1Prepare 2 rimmed baking sheets and 2 wire rack. Place the 2 wire racks at the top and three bottom of the oven. Place the baking sheets on the wire rack, each sheet on each rack. Spray the wire rack using cooking spray and pre heat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
2Take a large mixing bowl, and add ¾ spoons of salt and the flour. Mix those well using spoons or merely your hand. Take another large mixing bowl and add ¾ spoons of salt and the eggs. Stir them together until well mixed. Take the third large mixing bowl and add ¾ spoons of salt, parmesan cheese, and the breadcrumbs. Mix them using your hands until it is mixed evenly. Set the three bowls in a line to make it easier for you to use it later. Set aside.
3Transfer the zucchini to the first bowl containing flour mixture. Roll the zucchini in it and make sure all the surface of the zucchini is well covered with flour mixture. Do the same thing to the entire zucchini sticks and shake off a little to leave excess flour behind. Set aside. Now, transfer the flour covered zucchini to the eggs mixture and roll it until each of the stick is well covered with it. Shake off the sticks so the excessive egg mixture drips and transfer the zucchini to the breadcrumbs mixture. Cover the entire surface with the last mixture and press a little to make sure everything sticks onto the zucchini. In this phase, you will still be able to see the white and green of the zucchini from the breading. Do this procedure to all the zucchini sticks and set aside.
4Place the zucchini sticks on the baking sheets. Arrange so that the sticks don’t get tight to each other. Cover the sticks with cooking spray generously. Bake the sticks until halfway through. Switch the position and bake the sticks again until it turns golden brown. It should take around 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle a little salt on top of it while hot and leave it to warm for a while. Serve while warm with your favorite sauce or dipping.
- Panko breadcrumbs are generally coarser than the usual breadcrumbs. For finer crumbs, rub the panko breadcrumbs between your fingers. It should help in coating the zucchini better. However, if you don’t have this kind of breadcrumbs, you can always use the usual breadcrumbs. It may affect the crispness though. Panko breadcrumbs are known to have the best crispness due to its texture but regular breadcrumbs are fine alternative.